THE MUSINGS OF MUSICIAN BRITT NEAL

For more on me and my music, check out www.brittneal.com

Thursday, August 7, 2008

Family

My family is about as crazy as Southern characters can come. But I can't help it. I sure am proud.

Tonight is the big CD release, and though I didn't twist their arms to be here, they're all headed into town. There'll be my mom (Danner), my dad (Tony) and my brother (J.D.). Then there'll be Auntie Lee and Uncle Geoffrey, Liz and Vernie (Geoff's sisters), Aunt Nina (my mother's younger sister), Uncle Craig, and cousins Rachel and Elle. I hear that a couple from my parent's church will be here, too.

Wonder if it would have been cheaper if they'd rented a bus?

Anyway, meet the whole clan tonight at 7:30 p.m. at The Bitter End. I'll be the one at the piano, and they'll be the folks in the audience hooting extra loud.

Join us afterward at The Half Pint for the post-show party.

I hear somebody's bringing grits. In burlap sacks. If this concept confuses you, just show up and find out.

No comments: